Meristem prepares young adults who are on the autism spectrum or neurodiverse to build a strong sense of self, develop an enhanced social capacity, and create a life of increased social and economic independence.
A world where the unique capabilities of neurodiverse adults are respected and appreciated. Adults with autism or other neurodiversities must have full and meaningful lives, with ample opportunities for mainstream employment and independent living.
- Dignity — All members of the Meristem community will be treated with dignity.
- Individual Potential — Meristem is dedicated to fostering personal development and growth.
- Collaboration — Joint efforts toward a common purpose make possible the best outcome.
- The Natural World — Meristem promotes a holistic environment grounded in a connection to nature.
- Freedom — Self-initiated conscious action is the hallmark of a free individual.
- Advocacy — Meristem advances equal opportunities for adults with autism and encourages self-advocacy by its students.
Dedicated to Inclusion
Meristem does not discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, partnership status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, military status, or any other legally protected status in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment, scholarship and loan programs and other Meristem administered programs. Meristem admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, partnership status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, military status, or any other legally protected status to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.